※Please also see the page here.
31 January 2020 (Friday)
[Session 1] Morning Session: Debriefing session for the universities participating in the MEXT Inter-University Exchange Project
[Session 2] Afternoon session: Plenary meeting
Tokyo (Bunkyo) campus of the University of Tsukuba
Number of Participants
Japanese and Russian Universities (Japanese universities selected for participation in the Inter-University Exchange Project (Russia)(herein after “IUEP”), Member Universities of Association of Institutions of Higher Education of the Russian Federation and Japan etc.) Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology – Japan (MEXT), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Embassy of the Russian Federation to Japan, The Trade Representation of the Russian Federation in Japan, Companies, self-government bodies and other organizations engaged in Japan-Russian collaboration (see the List of participating organizations below) .
Japanese and Russia (simultaneous interpretation)
[Session 1] Debriefing session for the universities participating in the MEXT Inter-University Exchange Project
- Welcome addresses: Hokkaido University, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Economy.
- Presentations by universities selected for participation in the 2017 IUEP.
- Activity report of Committee for Personnel Exchange between Japan and Russia
- Activity report of Japan Russia Student Union
- Consultations between the universities selected for participation in the IUEP and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
[Session 2] Plenary meeting
Welcome addresses: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Economy. Russian Embassy, The Trade Representation of the Russian
- Japan-Russia economic cooperation and efforts to recruit foreign human resources
1. “Efforts of the Japan Association for Trade with Russia and NIS for human resource development”: Japan Association for Trade with Russia and NIS (ROTOBO)
2. “JETRO’s efforts to utilize advanced human resources”: Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- General information (information on specialized sections and Industry-government-academia collaboration)
- Outline of regional consortiums related to Japan in various parts of Russia.
- Vladivostok: Far Eastern Federal University
- Saint Petersburg: Peter the Great Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Sakhalin: Sakhalin State University
- Irkutsk: Irkutsk State University
- Group photograph, Get-acquainted session (networking, free format).
- Outline of regional consortiums related to Russia in various parts of Japan
- Hokkaido: Hokkaido University
- Niigata: Niigata University
- Ishikawa: Kanazawa University
- Panel discussion of cooperation between universities, companies and others
Theme: Prospect of Japan-Russia Economic Cooperation and Human Resource Development on a Regional Level in the Japan-Russia Regional Exchange Year 2020-2021.
Moderator: Hokkaido University
Panelists: Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Japan Visualmedia Translation Academy (JVTA), Ural Federal University
Commentators: Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), OPORA RUSSIA)
*After the conference, a free exchange session was held
The detailed schedule (including the protocol) may be viewed here (in Japanese) or here (in Russian)
List of participating organizations
- Ministries and agencies
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI).
Embassy of the Russian Federation to Japan, Trade Representation of the Russian Federation in Japan.
- Japanese universities, institution of higher education
Universities selected for participation in the Inter-University Exchange Project (Russia)
Universities selected for participation in the 2017 IUEP (8) :
Chiba University, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Kanazawa University, Nagasaki University, Fukushima Medical University, Tokai University, Kindai University.
Universities selected for participation in the 2014 IUEP (5) :
University of Tsukuba, Tokyo University, Niigata University, Hokkaido University.
Members of the Association of Japanese and Russian Universities:
Nagoya University, Kobe City University of Foreign Studies, Sophia University, Soka University, Nanzan University.
Universities participating in specialized sections:
Sapporo University, Nagaoka University of Technology, Nagaoka University of Technology.
National Institute of Technology, Nagaoka College.
- Russian universities
Members of the Association of Japanese and Russian Universities:
Moscow State University, Altai State University, Far Eastern Federal University, Irkutsk State University, Kazan Federal University, Krasnoyarsk State Medical University, Novosibirsk State University, I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Sakhalin State University, North-Eastern Federal University, Northern (Arctic) Federal University, Pacific State Medical University.
Astrakhan State University, Volgograd State University, Far Eastern State Agrarian University, Don State Technical University, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Moscow City University, Moscow State Linguistic University, Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography, Perm State National Research University, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, St.Petersburg State University of Culture, Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University, North-Western State Medical University,Tomsk Polytechnic University, Ural Federal University, Chelyabinsk State University.
- Companies, self-government bodies, other organizations in Japan
Japan Visualmedia Translation Academy, Technosolution Co., Ltd., Sojitz Tourist Corporation, Tokyo Boeki Machinery Ltd, Mitsui & Co., Ltd., GPSS Holdings, Co. Ltd. Myojinkan, Sovereign International Solutions, Sustainment, JJHS, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, LTD.
Self-government bodies, other organizations:
ROTOBO – Japan Association for Trade with Russia and NIS(ROTOBO), Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO), Economic Research Institute for Northeast Asia, Russia-Japan Anti-Aging Medicine Association*
*Enrollment as a member of “OPORA RUSSIA”
- Companies, self-government bodies, other organizations in Russia
OPORA RUSSIA, Foundation “Ulyanovsk – capital of culture”, Information and Culture Center “Japan”, M.G. Safronov Yakut Scientific Research Institute of Agriculture, State Assembly (Il Tumen) of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), State Unitary Enterprise “Committee for precious metals and gemstones of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)”, Restaurant “Rekaozeroles”.