The Japan-Russia Student Union is an organization positioned under the Association of Institutions of Higher Education of the Russian Federation and Japan that is operated mainly by students to promote exchanges between Japan and Russia from the perspective of the students. The activities etc. it undertakes are considered mainly by the students.
- Organization of the Student Forum by student representatives (in principle, on the sidelines of the General Meeting of the Association of Japanese and Russian Universities to share issues related to exchanges between the two countries and propose visions for such exchanges)
- Information sharing/provision using social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (e.g., the provision of information and/or answers to questions about life when studying abroad)
- Planning and execution of exchange events for students from both Japan and Russia
The members are students and graduates who are enthusiastic about student exchanges between Japan and Russia, and they can be divided into the following three types:
- Regular members: Students of member universities of the Association of Institutions of Higher Education of the Russian Federation and Japan
- Associate members: Students from Japanese or Russian universities other than the member schools of the Association of Institutions of Higher Education of the Russian Federation and Japan
- Supporting members: Graduates of Japanese or Russian universities
Japan-Russia Student Union and the social media
Japan-Russia Student Union makes posts about its daily activities in the social media sites (see below).