Background to establishment of the Committee for Personnel Exchanges between Japan and Russia
In accordance with the Eight-point Japan-Russia Economic Cooperation Plan, the Committee for Personnel Exchanges was organized by Japanese universities as a framework for addressing people-to-people exchange promotion mainly between universities. The three objectives of the Committee for Personnel Exchanges are as follows.
- Supporting student exchanges to develop human resources who can help expand and develop exchanges between Japanese and Russian universities
- Studying changes to educational systems to allow credit transfer and degree conferment between Japanese and Russian universities
- Promoting exchanges between Japanese and Russian universities in coordination with the Association of Institutions of Higher Education of the Russian Federation and Japan
To achieve these objectives, the Committee engaged in the following activities:
- Sharing and promotion of Good Practice know-how about student exchanges between Japan and Russia
- Promotion of joint graduate and other professional education programs
- Comparative studies of credit transfer and degree conferment systems between universities
- Support for the Japan-Russia Student Union
Initiatives of the Committee
As a specific initiative, nine committee meetings were held during the period of the project funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, in order to share information on good practice regarding credit exchange and collaborative academic programs between Japanese and Russian universities, identify challenges in promoting student exchange activities, and collect information on the educational system of Russian universities. In March 2022, the original purpose of the establishment of the committee was achieved with the completion of the “Guidebook for Building Collaborative Academic Programs between Japanese and Russian Universities” that consolidated this information, so the holding of meetings of the Committee for exchanging information has been temporarily stopped. We will continue to collect information useful for Japan-Russia exchanges and share such information on our website and other means.
※This guidebook was made based on information of the Russian higher education system as of February 2022.
- 1st Meeting （February 28, 2019）
- 2nd Meeting （June 12, 2019）
- 3rd Meeting （September 24, 2019）
- 4th Meeting （January 30, 2020）
- 5th Meeting （November 6, 2020）
- 6th Meeting （January 20, 2021）
- 7th Meeting （June 30, 2021）
- 8th Meeting （September 7, 2021）
- 9th Meeting (March 11, 2022)
- Materials of the First General Meeting of the Association of Japanese and Russian Universities (May 2018)
- Materials of the Third General Meeting of the Association of Japanese and Russian Universities (September 2021)