Date and time: October 18, 2021, 15:00-18:00 Khabarovsk time (14:00-17:00 Japan time, 08:00-11:00 Moscow time)
Organizer/co-organizers: Khabarovsk State University of Economics and Law, Hokkaido University Arctic Research Center, Human Resource Development Platform for Japan-Russia Economic Cooperation and Personnel Exchange (HaRP), Arctic Challenge for Sustainability II Project and the UArctic Thematic Network on the Arctic in Asia, Asia in the Arctic.
Languages: Russian and English (simultaneous and consecutive interpretation)
Format: online (Zoom).
The conference “Cross-border interregional cooperation as a driver for the development of the Eastern Arctic zone for the Russian Federation” is jointly organized by the Khabarovsk State University of Economics and Law and Hokkaido University for the exchange of the views and experience concerning possibilities for economic development and research cooperation in the Russian Arctic. This event is part of a series of online seminars organized by Hokkaido University Arctic Research Center and its partners throughout 2021. The conference will be attended by researchers and practitioners from Russia, Japan, China, the United States of America (Alaska) and the Republic of Korea, as well as representatives of the Russian regional authorities.
How to register:
fill out the Google form by October 14, 2021
As a result of the conference, a collection of scientific materials of the event will be formed, which will be posted on the basis of the periodical “Bulletin of KSUEP” (http://vestnik.ael.ru/). To apply for the placement of a scientific article, you must contact the organizers of the conference.
contact Aleksey Tishkov, Deputy Head of the Scientific Sector of the Khabarovsk State University of Economics and Law
Program: The conference consists of two sessions.
Session 1: The role and place of cross-border business cooperation in the socio-economic development of the Eastern Arctic zone of the Russian Federation
- Natalia Slugina, Head of the Department of International Relations of the Office of the Governor of the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug (Russia);
- Paul Fuhs, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Alaska Maritime Exchange (USA);
- Alexander Voronenko, Head of the SCO and APR Research Center, Khabarovsk State University of Economics and Law (Russia);
- Guo Peiqing, Head of the Arctic Center of the Oceanological University of the PRC, Professor (China);
- Elena Zaostrovskikh, senior researcher at the Institute for Economic Research, Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia).
Session 2: Opportunities and Challenges of International Academic Cooperation in the Eastern Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation”
- Mikhail Ershov, Secretary General of the Association of National Sports and Games of the Peoples of Yakutia, member of the Supervisory Board of the UN Permanent Forum of the Community of Peoples;
- Gao Tianmin, Director and leading expert of the Center for the Study of the Blue Economy of the Arctic, Director of the Center for the Study of Russia and Ukraine, Harbin Engineering University (China) and Vasily Erokhin, Associate Professor of the Institute of Economics and Management, Research Fellow at the Center for the Study of the Blue Economy of the Arctic and the Center for the Study of Russia and Ukraine, Harbin Engineering University (China);
- Gennady Zelensky, Director of the non-profit partnership “Chukotka Scientific Research Support Group” (Russia);
- Juha Saunavaara, Associate Professor of the Arctic Research Center, Hokkaido University (Japan) and Marina Lomaeva, ArCS II international & HR exchange coordinator, Arctic Research Center, Hokkaido University (Japan);
- Artyom Shakhmatov, Leading Specialist of the Sector of Educational and Scientific Relations of the Siberian Federal University.
Please see the program details here.